LRO: PTO praise

From: Smokey Briggs (smokey@pecos.net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 11:58:54 EDT

    You never know when a PTO winch is going to save the day.

    You take a lot of grief owning an unairconditioned vehicle that tops out at
    50 in West Texas. I publish the newspaper here in Pecos. This morning we got
    a special shipment of paper in. Paper comes in 1,000 pound rolls, 27 inches
    wide. Our shipments are supposed to be shipped rolling, since we do not have
    the equipment to move it when it is laid down flat. Well, this 24 roll
    shipment came on the flats. You just cannot pick one of these up and set it
    on end, no matter how many people you have, and its not safe to try.

    Long story short, after much scratching, I finally remembered the Koenig
    winch on the front bumber of the rover. A little southern engineering and
    presto, one very capable roll-tipping machine. That winch saved a lot of
    money today.

    All the best from West Texas
    Smokey Briggs