Re: LRO: Transmission Removal

From: Smokey Briggs (smokey@pecos.net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 12:03:35 EDT

    I like taking it out the door, with a hoist or without. When we did not have
    a hoist we just lifted it out but it was a bit heavy. Mostly I like the
    control I get with the hoist when I'm putting it back together compared to
    jockeying a tranny in on a jack. We just replaced the trans/xfer caseon a 43
    J**p GPW (quite a bit smaller than a rover set up and has removeable
    crossmember) and it was a holy bear getting it in from underneath. Never had
    a removable cross member on a rover though.

    Smokey Briggs
    Pecos, Texas