RE: LRO: Transmission Removal

From: Brian F. Waltman (bfw@cwm-inc.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 13:57:22 EDT

    Thanks Alan for the advice. The leak is coming from inside the bell
    housing. The cover that holds the clutch release mechanism and throw out
    bearing it the area with a leak. Some of the bolts that attach this peice
    to the bell housing were stripped when I put it back together the first
    time, and they appearantly do not create a good enough seal on the gasket.
    When the oil gets good and warm, it flows like a river out the drain hole of
    the bell housing. THis is the main concern. Another leak is on the pan
    that is bolted on underneath the back of the tranny. I think I just need to
    replace the gasket and that should do the trick. Any suggestions on how to
    get the leak in the bell housing/clutch housing to seal?

    Brian