LRO: Transmission Removal

From: Brian F. Waltman (bfw@cwm-inc.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 12:27:36 EDT

    Hello All,

    I have finally decided (with the help of my wife) that the puddle that forms
    under the tranmission on the garage floor is too much. As a result, I am
    planning on pulling the tranny and replacing all the seals, etc. to make it
    as oil tight as possible. My question concerns removal of the tranny with a
    frame that has the bolted on cross member. (Marsland Galvanized Frame) I
    understand that with this bolted on cross member feature, it is possible to
    drop the tranny out the bottom instead of taking out the seat box and
    removing from the top. Can someone tell me the steps to go through to
    remove the tranny this way? Is it easier just to do it the way the green
    bible says to do it?

    Any thoughts in a positive direction one way or the other would be
    appreciated.

    Brian
    Hoping to have a rather productive Memorial Day weekend.