Re: LRO: Advice from UK , Norsk listers (and any travellers)

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 09:56:39 EDT

    On Thursday 17 May 2001 14:25, you wrote:
    > I am curious what the practical barriers would be to purchasing a
    > late series III 109 or early 110 station wagon in the UK (going to
    > stop there on the way anyhow), using it for a month or so, then
    > returning it to the UK for an agent to sell. If I were able to
    > purchase a very nice example, how much should I expect in
    > depreciation over the course of a month or two?
    OK.. a good-condition late SIII/early 110 will cost about 5K GBP (+/-)
    for a 2.25 petrol or gutless diesel. More oomph costs more dosh, less
    quality lowers the price.

    Look at :
    http://www.landroverenthusiastclassifieds.com/

    for an idea of what's around in the UK

    If you can travel, you'll get what you want quite quickly.
    Note: for a private sale, pay cash, or wait for the check to clear in
    the sellers bank account

    --
    Ian Stuart - EDINA, DataLibrary, University computing services.