LRO: Advice from UK , Norsk listers (and any travellers)

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 09:25:08 EDT

    My family is about to leave for Norway for the summer and I will join them for about a month later on. While I'm there, we will be taking a few car trips and will need a large vehicle. Well, after a long search, the best I can do in Norway via a rental agency is a Mercedes van that is $4,000 for the month. Accordingly, I am looking for alternatives.

    I am curious what the practical barriers would be to purchasing a late series III 109 or early 110 station wagon in the UK (going to stop there on the way anyhow), using it for a month or so, then returning it to the UK for an agent to sell. If I were able to purchase a very nice example, how much should I expect in depreciation over the course of a month or two?

    And, finally, is it likely there are issues in bringing a car into Norway for short term use?

    I appreciate the help as my Norwegian relatives and friends aren't "car people".

    Bryan
    62 88
    70 109 "Genie"

    PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
    http://www.peoplepc.com