LRO: Another Solex Question

From: Paul Quin (pquin@home.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 18:16:48 EDT

    Unexpectedly got the afternoon off today and all of the Solex talk going
    around inspired me to tackle my whistling Solex.

    I think that I've found the air leak between the Starter body (part # 22 in
    the green manual) and the Throttle chamber (part # 2). Is there supposed to
    be a gasket between these two bits? There was no gasket there when I got
    the vehicle. I have two Solex overhaul kits and both have a gasket that
    *almost* fits... the screw holes are 95% lined up but there seems to be an
    excess of other holes in the gasket. I know that there is an optional
    heater element that fits in here and I thought it possible that this gasket
    would be used for the element assembly (part #23).

    Can anybody help out??

    Thanks,

    Paul Quin
    1961 SII 88