Re: LRO: First question (followup to "I did it")k

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 17:57:56 EDT

    On Wed, 16 May 2001, Dick Love wrote:

    :OK, I put gas in the "Mountain Slug" and drove it around a little( had to
    :jump start it as battery was down). It stumbles badly on acceleration. There
    :was no popping and farting so I think it wasn't ignition. Should I s**t can
    :the single barrel Weber and put a Rochester on it or screw around with the
    :jetting on the Weber (lean?). The Lucas "SureFire" distributor puts out a
    :real weak spark so I guess I should go to Petronix there while replacing the
    :coil. I flooded it and had a bitch of a time resarting it due to the
    :weakness of ignition, I think. Tranny and transfer case seem pretty tight
    :and steering doesn't have too much wander. The oil cooler likes to "moan"
    :something awful. Maybe I should change the name to "Banshee".

    Replace the points, condensor, rotor, cap, wires, and spark plugs. Then set
    your timing by the book, before going and spending money.
    :

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.