Re: LRO: 109 Chassis

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 12:15:08 EDT

    >There are definitely diffo's but I'm kind of hazy on them myself. I do
    >know that the rear tank mount for an SW is missing on the 109 reg.
    >chassis and that the 109SW chassis is missing the forward tank mounting
    >stuff.

    When I went to add a rear fuel tank to my 109 regular, I found the
    stationwagon mounting points to already be there (The high capacity
    pickup has a rear tank).

    The station wagon does not have the holes in the cross members for a rear
    PTO. I had to eliminate that off the second to rear cross member to fit
    the rear fuel tank. There are also a couple of rear suspension braces
    that are extra or larger in the regular because they interfer with the
    rear fuel tank. I had to trim some down. Also if memory serves there
    are some different exhaust hanger brackets.

    I think there may be some minor differences near where the rear side
    doors would be but I'm not sure what they are.

    TeriAnn
                          http://www.overlander.net

      The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
      with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.