Re: LRO: Stalling/Rough idling SIII and . . .

From: Steve Mace (steve@solwise.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 11:58:18 EDT

    Try slacking off the bush and shackle bolts and see if the vehicle settles on it's
    springs a bit. I had this on my LtWt when it was new (to me) and went to the
    hassle and expense of new springs/shocks to only find out that the shackle
    bolts were rusted solid with the shackles at the wrong angle. When I finally got
    the bolts loosened off the vehicle settled down to the correct height. However,
    since I'd already done the hard work and purchased the springs, shocks and
    new bushes I decided to do the swap anyway (seemed a good idea at the
    time but by the end of the day with bloody knuckles, coughing due to burning
    the bushes out, ripped/dirty clothes and a real bad temper I regretted my
    decision).

    On 16 May 2001, at 9:04, KURT W. KRAUSS wrote:

    > Next question. It seems to be leaning to the right side. I remember
    > reading somewhere that sagging springs can be caused by not enough use.
    > It only has 17,500 original miles. Any suggestions? If I replace the
    > springs, do I have to do all 4?

    Steve

    1972 SIII LtWt Green
    1993 D90 Red