LRO: RE: Re: 2 Land Rover related questions

From: John Bridgett (john.bridgett@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 16:29:19 EDT

    >>Why originally positive?<<
    There were some body corrosion angles to positive ground, can't remember the
    exact science behind it though :-(

    >>Why do the Brit's drive on the left?<<
    Because it's SAFER ! Research has been done to show that because the
    majority of people are right-handed they have better control of a steering
    wheel if they use their right hand during gear changing etc. Driving on the
    right would mean left hand on the wheel during gear changing which is not as
    good control wise.

    So we did it right for once, even you yanks use our language, it's about
    time you change over to driving on the left. To help avoid confusion I
    suggest that on a date to be decided, heavy goods vehicles change over first
    say before 12 noon and then all other vehicles after that.

    Regards - JB