LRO: Re: 2 Land Rover related questions

From: Paul Quin (pquin@home.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 12:19:49 EDT

    > 1...Will someone explain to me why some vehicles originally were
    > positive ground and now all are negative ground. Land Rover
    > switched over 1969ish.

    Vehicles with a body coloured instrument panel were originally positive
    ground. Black instrument panel means negative ground.

    Why originally positive? Why do the Brit's drive on the left? I think that
    there was some slight electrical logic to it, but a spark plug doesn't
    really care which direction the electrons are flowing. Your stereo sure
    does though, I think that's the reason most people have converted + ground
    vehicles to - ground.

    Paul in Victoria.