Re: LRO: LMA vs. DOT 4

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 10:51:14 EDT

    >You want to tell that to the seals in my 88 that failed using generic
    >DOT 4 fluid?

    That's unusual.

    I've been using whatever DOT 4 fluid is handy for 22 years now on the
    same Land Rover without ill effects. Oh and on a MGBGT and a TR3 (WHich
    has been switched to DOT5 recently).

    I have been getting several years use out of a set of seals on generic
    DOT 4. I buy lookheed/gurling/Lucase cylinders and kits.

    I have no idea why yours went belly up.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html