Re: LRO: 3 pumps...

From: Stephen West-Fisher (steve@coastaldatasystems.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 22:42:40 EDT

    TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

    > OOOK. If you are not a brake diagnostician, you can always go to a brake
    > place for a free diagnosis and estimate.

    Took my wife's VW to a brake place one time because I wasn't sure what
    was wrong. Thought they would know more than I, and a master cylinder
    for it was quite expensive at the time. They saw that it had plenty of
    fluid, and that the pads and rotors (it was a fast VW) were in good
    shape. The guy who drove it out of the shop came close to soiling his
    trousers 'cause he almost couldn't get it stopped before backing into
    traffic (I was watching). Then he came inside, and said there was
    nothing wrong with the brakes!!!

    One $400 master cylinder later and the brakes were fine.

    Land Rover content: Interestingly enough, the lid is the same as the old
    tin can Series beasts. Since it has a float to tell you when the fluid
    level gets low ...