Re: LRO: Re: tyres (tires) and sizes

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 03:36:57 EDT

    > arctic travel. Their way of getting giant baloon tires back in the bead
    > involves a spray can of lighter fluid, a lighter, and a small boom.
    >
    > Casey

    We used starter fluid, but same principle.
    Useing a rim that is narrower then recomended is possible, but not wise.
    True, a Rover aint no race car, but the side wall buldge can still get
    excessive and something as simple as a curb or pothole can pop the bead. If
    you are lowering the pressure for off road use it get worse.
    Pete