Re: LRO: Re: tyres (tires) and sizes

From: Casey McMullen (caseymcm@usa.net)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 14:00:26 EDT

    I just got a set of BFG MT 235/85R16's for my 88. The PDF spec sheet
    available from BFG's website states a rim width of 6.0-7.0 inches, but the
    guys at America's Tire (who seemed to know their sh*t) had no argument with
    mounting them on my 5.0" rims.

    Speaking of loosing a bead, the other night I saw that thing on TLC about
    4x4's with a bunch of stuff on hill-climbing monster trucks. At the end there
    is a piece about a couple of guys preparing two modern Land Cr**sers for
    arctic travel. Their way of getting giant baloon tires back in the bead
    involves a spray can of lighter fluid, a lighter, and a small boom.

    Casey