Re: LRO: 3 pumps...

From: N Forbes (forbesn@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 11:39:46 EDT

    >i already have done the little pipe over the
    >shoe post trick. do i need to byte the bullet
    >and spring for new drums... how do you measure
    >10.025" with a yardstick...

    Ray, you're my hero ;-) I guess you've already adjusted the shoes as much as
    possible? I just replaced a blow rear wheel cylinder and hub seal and that
    made a huge difference to stopping power. I launched our sail boat last
    night and I was a bit apprehensive about towing such a heavy load (~3500
    lbs) with the Rover. I pictured myself backing down the boat ramp, hitting
    the brakes and rolling right on down into the harbour. Anyway, to my
    surprise the worked really well.

    I think you probably should spring for new drums but just make sur
    eeverything is adjusted properly.