LRO: Series II engine paint - correction

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 10:12:27 EDT

    A couple things I need to clarify:

    1) I had stated that the front cover was painted black, well that was my
    original plan but I did end up painting in the same color as the block, Ford
    Gray.

    2) I had said that the Ford Gray was a Rustoleum color. When painting my
    new thermostat housing last night I realized that the gray was from an "Ace"
    hardware store.

    3) In case anyone is interested the ex manifold was done at Performance
    Coatings... www.performancecoatings.com Usual disclaimers apply, blah,
    blah, blah.

    For those of you who missed earlier posts here's what was described on my
    engine finish...

    1) oil pan - Gloss black high temp paint industrial grade paint by Rustoleum
    2) ancilaries - Gloss black high temp paint industrial grade paint by
    Rustoleum
    3) front cover - Ford gray high temp paint from "Ace" hardware stores
    4) block - Ford gray high temp paint from "Ace" hardware stores
    5) intake manifold - bead blasted to metal color
    6) valve cover - bead blasted to metal color
    7) exhaust manifold - flat black high temp coating by Performance Coatings
    (just about $100)

    Photos emailed to anyone requesting them.

    Thanks,

    Rich
    '60 SII 109sw - still in pieces but making progress