Re: LRO: Another Impossible Thing? And Malta!

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 11:51:58 EDT

>>Regardless! The stock equivalent for 750X16 is 235/85. LRE is just
>>plain, "POINT BLANK", WRONG!!!
>
>...but a 235/85 is about 1.5" wider. It's what I have on my IIa and there's
>a bit of rubbing at full lock on level ground. That would be enough for a
>magazine to say that it's not a suitable tire.

Rubbing where? Against the frame? adjust your steering stops. My
series II is running 165/75/16s. About the same height as a 750/16 bt
quite a bit wider. No rubs in the front once the steering stops were
adjusted and the rears just polish the vertical strengthening stay of
the rear inner wing at maximum upwards articulation.

But wasn't the original poster refering to a Disco?

TeriAnn Wakeman If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com I will be sure to read the message

http://www.shadow-catcher.net <- Photography for sale
http://www.overlander.net <- Web directory for Land Rover
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman <- My personal web site

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937