Re: LRO: Another Impossible Thing? And Malta!

From: Paul Oxley (paul@adventures.co.za)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:41:20 EDT

Keith Tanner wrote:

> ...but a 235/85 is about 1.5" wider. It's what I have on my IIa and there's
> a bit of rubbing at full lock on level ground. That would be enough for a
> magazine to say that it's not a suitable tire.

Ahh! But maybe square shouldered 750X16's would rub as well. The point
is that the rolling radius is equivalent (of course each individual
manufacturer/model may differ somewhat). I have General SAG X-ply on my
SIII swb, and they also rub slightly on the inside at full lock. On the
other hand one of my mates has 235/85/16 BFG M/T's on his SIII swb, and
they don't rub at all, they also look thinner than my 750/16's.

Regards

Paul Oxley
AfricanAdrenalin.com