Re: LRO: Another Impossible Thing? And Malta!

From: N Forbes (forbesn@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:44:56 EDT

First thing, the magazines seem paranoid about recomending anything that
wasn't OE. This is something I've noticed and find kind of funny. Like how
they all think you've got to convert your head before driving with unleaded
gasoline or horribe things will happen. Meanwhile in North America, people
have been doing it for years and don't think about redoing their heads until
it needs to be done.

The other thing is, you just can't compare tires by the stated size. Just
like shoes sizes, they are very different between different manufacterers. I
remember when I bought some alloy wheels for the Swedish Brick from a
friend. He took his Toyo's off and I was putting on Michelins. With both
tires off the rim, we compared them against each other. I was putting on
205/60/15 and he had taken off 215/60/15 yet my tires were a mm or two wider
than his.

Niall Forbes
66 IIa 88SW - The Red Zit
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia