LRO: IIa 2.25 Flywheel Housing

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:59:50 EDT

To the left of center (facing the bulkhead) just underneath the starter switch and on the transmission casing there is a 1.5 by 3 inch opening that has a sliding cover. Looks like the flywheel is exposed to view from above for timing purposes. The little sliding cover is bent and the gasket is deteriorated so the hole is basically open to the elements. I don't know how long this has been like this. It is a PITA to reach but I can if I remove air cleaner, etc. I believe this condition has been around since last fall and I am concerned that water or mud could have found it way into this space. The truck runs like she always has, just fine. Cause for alarm?

TIA

Ron Ward