Re: LRO: Another Impossible Thing? And Malta!

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 14:17:46 EDT

    ><< On the other hand a SUV fully outfitted for Mall Terrain can afford
    > larger flashier tyres because they do not undergo extream articulation. >>
    >
    >Teriann,
    >
    >There you go stirring the pot again! When I take the Badger to the mall, I
    >guarantee you I get some significant articulation. Some of those curbs are
    >8" high. Not to mention that some of the grassy little dividers are really
    >quite steep. Did I mention my wife doesn't like going with me to the mall
    >in
    >the Badger?
    >
    >Nate

    Yah I particularly like those malls that have retaining walls between the
    levels. It provides me with an oppertunity to use my bridging ladders.
    THen there are those nasty speedbumps. Low range first gear & hit the
    ARB locker switch. I love to do mall terrain crawling, exp if the mall
    has a good book store or a decent antique store.

    Convoying with John Hess through a mall is exciting. He can spot a
    microbrewpub from miles away.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html