LRO: Re: Hylomar SQ 32 M

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 08:36:02 EDT

    I assume they are talking about something like Permatex Blue Hylomar. It's a
    good choice to use when there is a posibility of the excess sealant getting
    into the sump. Unlike Black ATV or the like, which will not disolve and
    possibly clog stuff up a little, Blue Hylomar will disolve or get chewed up
    very easily. Good stuff!
    If Permatex isn't available, there are other brands. I think "777" is
    another.

    The tech manual calls for it around water jackets too. You should be able to
    find it at any medocre or better parts store.

    Cheers,
    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC