LRO: Re: Re: Brake Shoes

From: S. Vels (sv@io.dk)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 04:52:54 EDT

    Bill Fishel wrote:

    > The hub seal race or distance piece ( take your pick at what you want to call it) is easy to replace but I've always had to split it with a chisel.

    On should not try to remove it without splitting it. Once it starts to rotate it can be removed. Do not damage the flange.

    > I have had good luck using a light smear of grease on the new seal and distance piece for the initial installation.

    Mandatory!

    > I personally won't replace the seal without replacing the distance piece. They dont cost much and the hub is already stripped far enough to do it.

    Be shure to have a tube to bang on the new race. It takes ages to ping it on with a pin hammer. A bit of heat (not much) will also ease the fit.

    rgds
    sv/aurens - just adding my 0.02c