LRO: Re: IIa Mechanical Fuel Pump

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 16:27:27 EDT

    Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:12:09 -0400
    From: "RON WARD" <ronward@synovustrust.com>
    Subject: Re: LRO: IIa Mechanical Fuel Pump

    >What? The two nuts that are visible from above that sit on
    either side of the fuel pump assembly are connected to two
    loose bolts coming through the side cover (which is in turn
    attached by 5 or 6 bolts to the actual side of the engine)?
    So how does anyone successfully remove the pump by
    removing the two pump body nuts?

    I don't have my factory service manual here at work, and it's
    been years since I replaced the fuel pump on my SIII, so I
    don't recall every move I made during the process. But I know
    for a FACT that I did not remove the engine side cover, just whatever
    it is that holds the pump assembly to the side of the block. Possibly
    the IIa version of the engine uses a different fastener system, but on the
    2.25 petrol SIII, there certainly was no need to remove the engine side
    cover.

    C. Marin Faure
    Producer/Director, Boeing Video Services
    telephone (425)393-7721
    mobile (206)650-5622
    fax: (425)393-7741
    e-mail: marin.faure@boeing.com