Re: LRO:Santana Overdrives and Ashcroft transfer cases.

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 19:13:22 EDT

    >So any opinions on the worth of the Santana and any ideas if you can bolt an
    >OD onto the Ashcroft?

    Since the Santana OD is so much stronger than the Farey/Superwinch OD I
    would imaging it to be worth more than a Farey in the same condition.

    An OD replaces the stock transfer case input gear (Transmission main
    shaft output gear). It connects to the transfer case intermediate gear.
    The Ashcroft equivlent gear is almost twice as big as the stock one. SO
    no it will not match up with the Ashcroft intermediate gear.

    It is a one or the other situation.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html