LRO:Santana Overdrives and Ashcroft transfer cases.

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 04:29:05 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Matt Peckham"
    Subject: RE: LRO: best find ever

    > Actually, it's one of those unobtanium
    > items I was very happy to grab.

    Speaking of unobtanium, any ideas on the worth of a Santana OD?
    Have seen photos, very clean. Supossedly came off a low (?) milage Santana.
    This was on Ebay 2 weeks ago with a reserve of $950. High bid ended up
    only getting to $250.
    I was emailing the seller about the item prior to the auction ending and
    have stayed in touch since. They are asking 800 or BO. Supossedly the only
    bit missing is the shift handle and knob. If these items are even similar
    to the ones on the Fairey it will simple tom make my own.
    They also have a Santana front axle with disc brakes for 1200.
    I have the Fairey OD and a 2.25 petrol now. I am doing the ACR
    head/cam/carb for the upper end and will be putting out a bit more HP so the
    idea of a stronger OD appeals to me. Thing is I know that an Ashcroft
    highrange transfer case is a bit less then this amount. But if the Santana
    OD will bolt on to the Ashcroft lowrange transfer case, then I could have
    the best of both worlds.
    So any opinions on the worth of the Santana and any ideas if you can bolt an
    OD onto the Ashcroft?
    Thanks a bunch
    Pete