LRO: Re: Central locking

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 12:19:22 EDT

    Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:46:28 -0400
    From: William L Leacock <roverbilly@juno.com>
    Subject: LRO: Central locking.

    >Today when using my 89 RR for a trip to work (yesterday the alternator
    light came on on my winter beater Buick) I noted that the central
    locking mechanism was not functioning. Went to the gas station to fill
    up and realised the need for the system to work.

    In our '91 Range Rover, the fuel filler cover has its own button and
    relay. It is not (to my knowledge) tied to the door locking system.
    I've had the cover stick once, where it would not release when the
    button was pushed. This was because the cover had been bent
    slightly on its hinges, and the locking bar couldn't retract from the
    locking tab. It just took a second to "reposition" the cover to
    eliminate the binding. But perhaps the '89 model uses a different
    locking system. Failure of the passenger door locking system might
    be a failure of the central door locking "computer."
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE