Re: LRO: Re: Door top bolts R & R ? ? ?

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 18:11:31 EDT

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Peter Ogilvie wrote:

    :A BFH is the only way I know how. If that doesn't work, try an EBFH (even
    :bigger FH) Just be careful, if you want to reuse the door skins.
    :A mishit makes a mess of the skin. Might try placing a stationary chunk of
    :metal against eh bolt and striking that to prevent accidentally whacking the
    :door. I had one of my door tops rusted on and the bolt fought me to within
    :an inch of coming completely out. Them Rovers have mighty tough rust.

    I got them off, with the aid of a BFH, a 300 lb neighbor and his 4ft long crow
    bar. Amazing how stuck they got, from just last summer. I think this fall,
    when I put them on for the last time, I'll coat the bolts in grease.

    David

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.