Re: LRO: Air Compressors

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 08:59:09 EDT

    > I'd planned to run 220 out to my garage if necessary. Right now I run a
    >'frig, and some lights off the residential 110v service from the house. I
    >suppose a compressor, even wimpy, would draw enough on the 110v to throw a
    >breaker inside the house. Is this true?

    It is with mine. And it is pretty much alone on a 15 amp circuit. If it
    automatically turns off I need to rush to the compressor and turn it's
    switch off. If the compressor tries to start with more than about 7
    pounds pressure in the tank it will trip the 15 amp breaker.

    If I had a real house I would use 220V and a higher capacity compressor.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html