Re: LRO: Powder coating question

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 08:24:49 EDT

    It seems to me that powder coating wheels would be a waste of time and
    effort.
    The coat is soft and when the tires are installed will be cut at the
    edge of the rim. Further when the wheel nut are tightened the coat will
    be effectivly removed there too. Once the integrity of the coat is lost
    moisture will penetrate and cause rust under coat.
    John and Muddy