Re: LRO: Air Compressors

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 11:34:17 EDT

    I have an oilless compressor - they are hellishly noisy. Definitely stay
    away from them if at all humanly possible.

    That being said, other than tyres and the like I don't find air tools all
    that handy. A good ratchet and breaker bar set serves me as well - between
    the noise, power use and all that I do quite nicely with electric tools
    like an angle grinder, rahter than air tools for everything.

    It's not like I have a wimpy compressor either - 1.5 Hp running on 220 is
    more than adequate.

    Were I to be doing this commercially I might feel different - but by the
    time I get the damn wrenches out and the hoses and everything else it
    doesn't seem worth the bother.

                        ajr