LRO: RE: Air Compressors

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 11:34:26 EDT

    Ron,

    Best compressor value I've seen is at Sam's Club:
    80-gallon, two stage, 220v,Coleman...
    $720.
    Enough shop air for anything...Bought one 3 years ago...no problems...(used
    3 2.25 diesel engine mounts to mount to concrete shop floor and black iron
    pipe for distribution, but I have seen good results with common schedule 40
    PVC...take a look at compressor OEM web sites(various) for proper design of
    air distribution system for locations of valves, regulators, dryers, drains,
    etc...especially important if you are contemplating any painting.)

    JT/ric