LRO: Re: A puzzler.

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 19:42:18 EDT

    Hmm.

    Since it is a IIA, there is precious little of the electrical system that
    has to be converted.

    Your truck has a generator on it, or an alternator? It is definitely neg
    earth if it has either a rover alternator, or a bastardization.

    check out the coil leads. The small, 12 volt ones, not the fat cable. A pos
    earth will have the negative leading to the ignition key, positive to earth,
    through the points, right? But, then again, you knew that, right ;-). The
    polarity should be written on the coil, if not....

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/LR/+%20to%20-%20conversion.htm

    That should give you some insight.

    If in doubt, just convert the bloody thing!

    J-L