Re: LRO: Re: Trans output nut tool

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 17:03:55 EDT

    15 min to cut, 2 min to weld, steel cost 15 cents/lb. I don't make $120/
    hour, $35 cost * 17 min, so it was worth it for me to make it. Yes, the
    pipe bends with pliers, with effort, against the thinner dimension. The
    teeth are almost twice as wide as the thickness, plus there are 8 of
    them that all have to bend at once, plus I put a larger piece of pipe
    over the outside and welded it to the teeth, so the welds have to shear
    and the teeth bend, which is going to take WAY over a measley 95 ft/lbs.
    Plus I enjoy making things.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser