LRO: Re: Overdrives

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 12:23:06 EDT

    Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:39:20 -1000
    From: "Peter Ogilvie" <konacoffee2@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Re: LRO: Overdrives

    >TAW seems to think the Faerie is good for a 50-60 thousand miles. Has
    anybody got a lot more miles on their Faerey?? How does that compare with a
    trouble free life for the Toro and Santana, if anyone has gone more than
    50-60 thousand on the Toro and Santana.

    I had over 100,000 miles on my first Fairey overdrive before I broke it by
    letting it run low on oil one too many times. Prior to this, it had functioned
    perfectly (and very quietly), including several very rugged off-road trips
    in Hawaii and to the Yukon and Northwest Territories. If I hadn't been lax
    in checking the oil, I'm sure it would still be operating perfectly today.
    The replacement Fairey is noisier (but only on the over-run), and has
    perhaps 20,000 miles on so far.

    C. Marin Faure
    Producer/Director, Boeing Video Services
    telephone (425)393-7721
    mobile (206)650-5622
    fax: (425)393-7741
    e-mail: marin.faure@boeing.com