Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: lroml@minbar.fourfold.org
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 14:58:02 EDT

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

    > Maybe she was a traditional Christian.

    Traditional in what sense? That would be pre Council of Nicea?

    > Millions of people have been butchered and brutally tortured by devout
    > Christians in the name of Christ.

    Oh, the Christians have no monopoly when it comes to these kinds of
    things, and many times, religion just serves as a convienent excute to
    carry our measure aimed at ensuring control, influence, your general power
    issues... Be interesting to hear a total number for Christianity (an
    impossibility actually). Ghengis Kahn was quite efficient at disposing of
    people, and even Stalin made Hitler look a bit amateurish.