Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 14:21:15 EDT

    > issues... Be interesting to hear a total number for Christianity
    > (an
    > impossibility actually). Ghengis Kahn was quite efficient at
    > disposing of
    > people, and even Stalin made Hitler look a bit amateurish.

    Yes, and can we analyze protestants and Catholics separately--I think
    that might lower the body count considerably. And let's not forget Pol
    Pot, Idi Amin, Augusto Pinochet and a few others.

    I'm with whoever's e-mail this is I'm responding to--people are basically
    evil and are just looking for an excuse to go butcher or otherwise
    oppress other people. How else can you explain all of the above (not to
    mention the Stanford Prison experiment)? So let's not blame any
    particular religion (or the lack thereof)--those usually amount to
    nothing more than rationalizations for death, which folks seem to have
    moved beyond needing these days.

    bill