Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 11:38:26 EDT

    >Am I getting this correctly?
    > Are you lot saying that if you indicate that you want to do something on
    >the road, pull over, turn right or left, move into another lane, someone
    >will stop you doing it?

    They are pulling your leg Frank.

    Actually though, in my part of California a lot of people are using their
    turn signals. This is a new fad that seems to have started around a year
    or so and that has been catching on.

    On the other hand rolling through stop signs is almost universal these
    days. Even the CHP doesn't stop at stop signs anymore unless traffic
    mandates it.

    I read a tongue in cheek explanation once. Someone said that the white
    border around a stop sign means that a complete stop was optional. I
    guess everyone has come to believe it.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html