Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 01:09:36 EDT

    > >Am I getting this correctly?
    > > Are you lot saying that if you indicate that you want to do something on
    > >the road, pull over, turn right or left, move into another lane, someone
    > >will stop you doing it?
    >
    > They are pulling your leg Frank.
    >
    > Actually though, in my part of California a lot of people are using their
    > turn signals.

    I don 't think they are pulling anyones leg. That is exactly what happens.
    If you put on the signal so you can move over to the exit, people in that
    lane speed up so you can't get over. SWMBO is from LA County and told me
    before we went there on vacation, warned me about the drivers. In the past
    couple years I have spent a number of times in LA and San Diego and it is
    just as has been described here. After the first trip I have learned that I
    need to rent a big fast vehicle just to survive. The 5 between LA and SD
    and the Santa Monica Frwy have been the worse. I saw similar agression in
    San Fransisco, San Jose and Pleasanton. Not so bad in Sacremento or Santa
    Barbara, and I have always found the drive from Malibu to Ventura to be fun.
    Pete