Re: LRO: 56k Land Rover

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 01:31:01 EDT

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, The Stockdales wrote:

    :The 56k SIIA is from John Villachica owner of Safari 4x4 formerly Kifaru
    :4x4. I have seen some of Johns restorations and can attest to the fact that
    :they are very nice. On the other hand I don't know anybody who would pay
    :that much for a series rover. I wouldn't, and I doubt that anyone on this
    :list would either, no matter what condition. I don't know what John is
    :thinking but I hope he sells it locally because that buyer might have a
    :friend looking for a Red SII. That I'll gladly sell for a bargain basement
    :price of only $55k.

    While I'd never pay 56K for a IIA (unless I knew the frame were stuffed with
    gold bars, or something!), it's not out of line for what a top-notch
    restoration done by a top-notch shop would cost. At 60 or 80 bucs an hour
    for labor, it gets expensive really quickly. I have no idea why you'd have
    a shop rebuild a Land-Rover, though, barring money coming out your ears.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.