RE: LRO: People's Republic....

From: Vel & Maryanne Natarajan (velnma@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 01:55:20 EDT

    Because Americans strive to be "#1", and that if means racing forward 10
    feet, and then having to hit your brakes to keep #2 from getting in front of
    you and making you get to your destination .25 seconds later, then so be it.

    That said, I always use my signal when I intend to change lanes, and I find
    that more often than not, people (even here in Chicago) tend to let me in.
    I'd say it happens less than 25% of the time where someone speeds up to keep
    me from merging or changing lanes. Then again, I've never driven in
    California or Boston where I hear drivers are pretty uptight and "intense".

    Vel Natarajan
    '65 SWB SW