Re: LRO: Overdrives

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 22:18:46 EDT

    Yes, the synchro seems to be the Toro's weak link as mine broke in the
    same place as Bills. I had problems with mine almost since it was new.
    I got it from DAP as new, but heard from someone that they were putting
    them together from parts, so I think something was screwed up from the
    start with mine. Speaking of which, does anybody know if factory Toros
    had a wooden handle on the shift lever with an enamel Land-Rover logo?
    The one Bill bought for parts had one in the box, and neither of us had
    ever seen one like it before.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser