LRO: Re: Weird experience

From: Bruce D. Fowler (bf71iia@mint.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 22:32:24 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: William J. Rice

    :But I hop in, put her in neutral (my new first
    :gear) and she won't go anywhere! Neutral has become neutral again.
    :Gearbox works fine for the rest of the day, tho' it pops out of 2nd low
    :like CRAZY. Once we got back to pavement it worked just fine the whole
    :way home.
    :
    :Heres the question: What on earth happened inside my gearbox/ transfer
    :case and why did it cure itself after some bonking?

    Could be that your mainshaft distance sleeve packed it in.

    Bruce F.
    We were put on this earth to affirm that clothes do not make the man
    and cleanliness is not next to godliness. We cheerfully acknowl-
    edge that there is a proper place for suits and ties, but no one
    has yet dug a hole big enough to bury them all.