Re: LRO: RE: grim news...

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 23:55:26 EDT

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Todd Ondick wrote:

    :
    :>No, no, no. Fairey, Toro and Santana are all completely different
    :>animals. Santana is WAY better, Toro holds more oil and has a better
    :>input gear than a fairey.
    :
    :In light of this, what are the weak components in the fairey O.D.? I've
    :been running mine for ~20k miles and am curious as to which parts I should
    :cache in my spares kit.

    the spares kit at home, or the spares kit in the Rover? In the rover, you
    should carry the bits you need to remove the overdrive. That's the rear
    cover and cover bearing, the gear that came out when the overdrive went in,
    and one of the lock washers that goes there. If you don't carry these, you
    will find yourself stranded in Binghampton NY, less than pleased with
    yourself. I speak from experience.

    David, who needs to figure out what major mechanical piece is going to go
    Boom! on the way to the birthday party this year, so he can pack a spare.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.