Re: LRO: RE: grim news...

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 02:44:39 EDT

    > scarcity. At $2,000 a whack, George has raised the rule of monopoly
    price
    > to new levels. If your the only one with the product, you can ask what
    you
    > want. Our only defense is we don't have to buy.

    Agree that 2k is a bit high, even if it is new. The Ashcroft conversion
    with shipping is in the neighborhood of 600.
    I have a line on a Toro od for under 1k. It is missing the shift handle and
    the gear that goes on the tranny output shaft. If these parts are the same
    as the Fairey unit, I will just order new from George.
    Will let you know if this works out, and then my rebuilt fairey will be on
    the market.
    Pete