Re: LRO: The great shock debate (U-bolts)

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 10:37:10 EDT

    >> ...There are some cheap poor strength 'U' bolts in the LR
    >> aftermarket. Either get US "u" bolts or genuine ones.
    >
    >I've had British u-bolts strip the thread easily and u-bolts from India
    >torque
    >down real hard. The latter were even coated with some enamel type of paint.
    >Before seeing this, i would have thought i was the other way round.

    Hard to say who is formulating what. I soft ones I got were British made
    too. The threads started stripping just a little over 40 pounds torque.
    I ended up getting new ex-Mod stock from P.A. Blanchard.

    But the US 4X4 people will absolutly not put up with that kind of junk,
    so US aftermarket 'U' bolt sources are safe bets.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html