Re: LRO: Coil Equivalent #

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 10:58:36 EDT

    Any internally balasted coil should do. Or an externally balasted one
    with a ballast resister.

    Most people just get the Lucas Sports coil since it is the high voltage
    version of the original Lucas coil. Some people who don't mind buchering
    the originality of their car use the Bosch blue coil. But you would no
    longer have a real Land Rover if you did that.

    If you are going for concourse let me know and I will dig into the Lucas
    parts catalog I have filed away and dig up the correct Lucas number for
    the application.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html