Re: LRO: The great shock debate (U-bolts)

From: S. Vels (sv@io.dk)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 05:57:48 EDT

    TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

    > ...There are some cheap poor strength 'U' bolts in the LR
    > aftermarket. Either get US "u" bolts or genuine ones.

    I've had British u-bolts strip the thread easily and u-bolts from India torque
    down real hard. The latter were even coated with some enamel type of paint.
    Before seeing this, i would have thought i was the other way round.

    rgds
    sv/aurens

    ..off to Turkey for a week. Wonder if they have anything other than Suzuki 4x4
    rentals...